Trevor Bauer is suing a woman who accused him of sexual assault

(KTLA) – Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer has filed a defamation suit against the San Diego woman who accused him of sexual assault. Bauer also named one of the woman’s lawyers, Fred Thiagarajah, in the trial, claiming he made “deliberately false statements” about the player in the media.

The lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, Bauer said Twitter.

Bauer currently has a pending defamation suit against The Athletic and former reporter Molly Knight.

Earlier this year, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office decided not to pursue criminal charges against Bauer because of insufficient evidence.

The fate of the Cy Young-winning pitchers is still unknown as Major League Baseball has extended its leave until April 29. He last pitched on June 29, 2021, just months after the Dodgers bought him from the Cincinnati Reds.

The woman accused Bauer of strangling her to unconsciousness, beating her repeatedly and having anal sex with her without her consent during two sexual encounters at his home in Pasadena.

Bauer denied the allegations, saying the two had hard sex following her proposal and following guidelines they agreed on in advance. Each meeting ended with them joking and she staying overnight, Bauer said.

The allegations emerged last summer when the woman requested a protection order against the jug. She said in court documents that the two had met on Instagram when she tagged him in a photo while hitting during a fight against the San Diego Padres.

A judge rejected an extension of the protection order.

The Pasadena Police Department opened a criminal investigation against Bauer, which was reviewed by the DA’s office, but ultimately prosecutors determined there was not enough evidence to win a conviction.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *