Submerged wire causes brush fire in Milan

MILAN, NY (NEWS10) – Thursday night around noon. At 5.20pm, Milan’s volunteer fire brigade was sent to a wire that burned in the road on Academy Hill Road. Chief Mizgier and Assistant Chief Gomm arrived, confirming that a wire was actively burning in the street, causing a brush fire.

The brush fire was quickly put out and extinguished by firefighters on the scene. As a result of the laid wire, a hole in the road was burned.

Units remained on site for about two hours. No injuries to firefighters or civilians were reported after the fire.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.