Stock markets next week: The stock markets are likely to experience great action next week as many top events line up, despite it being a shortened week due to the Id-Ul-Fitra holiday falling on May 3 (Tuesday). Zee Business’ Kushal Gupta brings a list of top events that may affect the market movement during the four trading sessions.
Here is the list of important events:
1) Monday, May 2, 2022 – Q4 Results 2022: Key results, including those from Britannia Industries and HDFC Limited from the Nifty50 index, will be announced on this day. In the Futures & Options area (R&D), Alembic Pharma and Mahindra & Mahindra Finance will also be declared.
2) New margin rules come into force on 2 May.
3) Rakesh Jha assumes responsibility as a full-time Director of ICICI Bank.
4) Ex-date of 25 Rs / share dividend from Foseco India.
5) Prime Minister Narendra Modi starts her visits to Germany, Denmark and France. His visit will be from May 2 to May 4.
6) The stock markets in Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Russia and the UK remain closed on this day.
7) Tuesday, May 3 – Q4 Results 2022: Among the Nifty50 companies, Tata Steel, Hero MotoCorp and Titan will announce their quarterly results for March. In the R & D segment, Godrej Properties and Adani Enterprises will publish their results.
8) Indian stock markets will remain closed due to Id-Ul-Fitra on this day. The markets in Singapore, China and Japan will also remain closed.
9) Wednesday, May 4 – Results for Q4 2022: Kotak Mahindra Bank and Tata Consumer Products will announce their Q4 results. In F&O space, ABB India, Deepak Nitrite will announce their results.
10) The long awaited LIC IPO opens this day. The IPO size is Rs 21000 cr and the price range is Rs 902-Rs 949 per share.
11) Ex-date for Gateway Distriparks temporary dividend of Rs 1.25.
12) US FOMC statement issued this week.
13) The stock markets in China and Japan remain closed on this day.
14) Thursday, May 5 – Q4 Results 2022: In the R & D area, the results of Cholamandalam Investment, Dabur and Exide Industries will be announced.
15) The markets in Japan and South Korea remain closed on this day.
16) Results of TVS Motors and Voltas will be declared.
17) The Bank of England will publish its decision on interest rates.
18) Friday, May 6 – Q4 Results 2022: In the R & D area, Canara Bank, Federal Bank and Tata Power will publish their earnings results.
19) Ex-date of Vedanta Limited’s temporary dividend of Rs 31.50.
20) Ex-date of CRISIL’s provisional dividend of Rs 7.
Watch Zee Business Live TV streaming below:
Indian stock markets ended the week in red. BSE Sensex fell over 460 points or 0.8 percent to settle at 57060.87, while Nifty50 ended at 17102.55, down 142 points or 0.8 percent. Bank Nifty fell nearly 1 percent or by 334 points to close at 36088.15.
The correction was seen even in the broader markets as the Nifty Midcap 100 fell by over 250 points to end the last weekly trading session at 29880.35.