Developer South Oak Co has released Traffic in Sight, a new add-on that brings more low-altitude traffic hazards such as hot air balloons, gliders, drones and helicopters to the Microsoft Flight Simulator sky.
The real world sky is full of different types of traffic hazards, and it is highly likely that air traffic controllers do not have radio contact with many of these, so it is up to the pilot to visually identify these hazards to avoid an in-air collision.
Currently, only the northeastern United States is covered, but more regions are expected to follow soon.
You can buy Traffic in Sight – North East USA from SimMarket for € 6.99 (excl. VAT) here.
- Several types of traffic hazards, including drones, helicopters, balloons, kite gliders, gliders, motor paragliders and aerobatic aircraft
- Dynamic and expansive low altitude traffic coverage for the entire areas of North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC, West Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine
- All traffic models are fully animated and flying
- The traffic varies in altitudes from the surface up to 6,000 feet with random flight tracks
- All traffic is fully collision activated and will cause damage to your aircraft with crash mode activated
- Night lighting on all helicopters and aerobatics
- LOD optimization results in a minimal impact on the simulator’s frame rates