A 51-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a number of armed robberies, police say.
The man was arrested on Monday on suspicion of five counts of robbery.
The man was arrested by officers from Met’s Flying Squad and had targeted a number of bookmakers in south London.
He is still in custody at a police station in east London.
His arrest is part of an investigation into a linked series of armed robberies in which store staff were threatened by a man with a firearm at the following locations:
- A bookmaker in High Street, Sutton, Monday, April 4th
- A bookmaker in Burnt Ash Road, Norwood Junction, Wednesday, April 13th
- A bookmaker in Burnt Ash Road, Norwood Junction, Monday, April 18th
- A bookmark in High Street, Lee, Saturday, April 23rd
- A bookmark in Crayford Road, Crayford on Sunday, April 24th