Russian forces continue attack on Mariupol, Ukrainian commander says in an Easter statement

In an Easter statement, Captain Svyatoslav Palamar, Deputy Commander of Ukraine’s Azov Regiment, said on Sunday that Russian forces continue to bomb the city of Mariupol, stressing the need to evacuate civilian and surrounded Ukrainian forces.

Christ is the resurrection, dear Ukraine, “he said.” Today is a great day, yet the enemy continues to drop air bombs, ships fire artillery, cannons fire, enemy tanks continue to strike, infantry try to attack. “

Palamar added: “We would like to thank those who are trying to help the civilians in Mariupol to evacuate from this dangerous area, with actions, not just words. I thank those who do everything to withdraw our military from the siege, who was left alone with the overwhelming forces of the enemy. “

The Azov Regiment, sometimes referred to as the Azov Battalion, is a unit that began as an ultranationalist volunteer battalion but has since been integrated into the Ukrainian armed forces.

Azov troops have endured in Mariupol’s besieged Azovstal factory along with other Ukrainian forces.

Ukrainian Presidential Adviser Mykhailo Podolyak said earlier that Russian forces were “continuously attacking” the besieged Azovstal steelworks in Mariupol on Easter Sunday.

Ukrainian officials have said about 100,000 civilians are demanding evacuation from the city, which has been devastated by weeks of Russian bombing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.