New Jersey veterinarian faces several cases of animal cruelty

NEWARK, NJ A New Jersey veterinarian has been charged with abusing dogs. Several of them even died under his care.

Jose Lopes brought his dog to Newark Veterinary Hospital to be stitched after getting a small wound in his back.

“Half an hour later he called me and I was already scared. Why did he call me? Oh, she died.” What do you mean, she died? “Lopes told CBS2’s Kevin Rincon on Wednesday.

His vet was Dr. Honor Yablon. The 44-year-old now faces several cases of animal cruelty.

“They have to shut this place down. They have to shut them down. They keep killing,” Lopes said.

“This guy is evil, really, really evil,” added Alessandra Esteves, who lives next door to the animal hospital.

Esteves said her friend brought her dog in for an exam, but it never got home.

“Then he charged the woman $ 2,600, saying the dog died during the operation,” Esteves said.

Essex County prosecutors say the investigation began in June last year when a woman brought her English bulldog into the office for an exam. The vet said it needed surgery. The next day it died. Another veterinarian examined the remains and found that they were never operated on, Rincon reported.

“He’s literally just a monster. It’s a monster thing to do against these animals,” Jessica Portillo said.

Portillo brought one of its Yorkshire terriers to visit when it was exposed to parvo. In all, five of her dogs died from the virus.

“A lot of people can just say it’s dogs, but to me it’s my kids. It’s my best friend, and it’s not fair for anyone to be exposed to this,” Portillo said.

She enlisted the help of Susan Janette, who runs Rosemarie’s Rescue Ranch and managed to rescue one of her dogs, named Lexi.

The virus spread from a huski at the vet. The owner also worked with Janette. It turns out that he lost seven huskies to the virus, all of which were brought to the hospital. Before they died, the vet refused to let the owners go without payment.

“This doctor held these dogs hostage for a ransom of $ 1,600 in cash for services not even provided,” Janette said.

So far, there has been no comment from that vet. He is due in court for his first appearance on May 17, and so far his clinic is open to the public.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.