The 51-year-old man was arrested on Monday, April 24, on suspicion of five counts of robbery. He is still in custody at a police station in east London.
His arrest is part of an investigation into a linked series of armed robberies in which store staff were threatened by a man with a firearm at the following locations:
- A bookmaker in High Street, Sutton, Monday, April 4th
- A bookmaker in Burnt Ash Road, Norwood Junction, Wednesday, April 13th
- A bookmaker in Burnt Ash Road, Norwood Junction, Monday, April 18th
- A bookmark in High Street, Lee, Saturday, April 23rd
- A bookmark in Crayford Road, Crayford on Sunday, April 24th
On all occasions, a man left with a quantity of cash and no one was injured.