Cuellar urges Biden administrator to extend title 42: ‘We need to listen to border communities’

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

With the Biden administration set to repeal the Title 42 public health order, which allows for the accelerated removal of migrants due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, Washington to be aware of the reality at the border.

Cuellar, whose district includes part of the southern border, is one of a number of Democrats who oppose President Biden’s decision, and he told “Fox News Sunday” that it could have serious consequences.

58-MEMBERS BIPARTISAN HOUSE PROBLEM SOLVES CAUCUS BACK BILL TO EXTEND SECTION 42

“They listen to the immigration activists, but my question is who listens to the men and women in green and blue, and more importantly, who listens to the border communities, the sheriffs, the landowners, the rest of the people living on the border,” he said. Cuellar.

Cuellar said he recently spoke with people living near the border and they were “very concerned” that Title 42 was being revoked.

CENTRAL CHOICE: IMMIGRATION, SECTION 42 LEAVING DEMOCRATS IN ‘BAD FORM’, CAMPAIGN EXPERTS SAY

“We have to listen to the border communities,” Cuellar said.

The congressman justified the concerns of his constituents, arguing that “this message of lifting Title 42 will go directly to the criminal organizations.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Earlier in the interview, Cuellar pointed out that 60% of border patrol officers did not even work in the field at the border itself, but at border treatment centers.

“It’s like having a school and we only teach with 40% of the teachers and the other 60% do not teach,” Cuellar said. “That’s what we’re seeing, except it’s in law enforcement. So what we’re seeing is a large number coming in, the messages going out to the smugglers and to the migrants that on May 23 you can go go ahead and get in, and the Border Patrol only works with 40% of its men and women. “

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.