Connect with us

News

Camden: Rapist who forced women to have oral sex with a knife ‘may have had several victims’

Francis Mukendi in his police picture

Francis Mukendi filmed some of his victims as he attacked them (Photo: Metropolitan Police / SWNS / Google Maps)

A serial rapist who assaulted at least six women who went home alone in north London is feared to have attacked many more.

Francis Mukendi, 27, was called the ‘doorman rapist’ when he attacked women when they reached their doorstep or common stairwells and was distracted by getting their keys out.

He would then approach them from behind with a weapon – on one occasion with a hammer and others with a knife – and force them to perform oral sex on him.

When he was done, or was interrupted, he would run away.

On at least two occasions, he even filmed his attacks and saved the videos and photos on his Macbook computer.

These videos and photos are the reason why the police believe he could have had more victims – and encourage them to come forward.

A clip shows a woman crying while she was raped at once.

Following a six-week trial, Mukendi was found guilty at Wood Green Crown Court in four counts of rape, three counts of attempted rape, two counts of sexual assault and four counts of possession of an object with leaves.

General view of Wood Green Crown Court in north London

Mukendi was jailed for life at Wood Green Crown Court (Photo: Rex)

He was last week sentenced to a life sentence of at least 15 years behind bars in connection with six rapes, all of which took place in the Camden area between September 2017 and December 2019.

But police fear he has not seen justice for all of his crimes, and believe there may be women affected who have not received support.

They say he was ‘unusually forensic and digitally alert’ and managed to avoid footage for years by knowing where CCTV cameras were and wearing gloves to prevent his fingerprints from being tracked during his attack.

The rapes remained unsolved for several years until a renewed police appeal and the release of a CCTV still led to Mukendi, who wrote on TikTok as ‘Raver Artist’, surrendering himself to the police.

Metropolitan Police have now launched an appeal to find more victims after reviewing over 100 hours of CCTV and footage found on his laptop and phone.

In an animated video posted on YouTube in 2020, Mukendi even rapped “I’m tired”. I’ve not had sex, so I’m stressed. ‘

He assaulted his first victim in September 2017 by waiting for her at a doorway, asking her to go down on her knees and put a knife to her neck.

The woman described that she felt horrified when she was forced to perform oral sex on Mukendi as he pressed a knife against her throat before her roommate opened her front door and scared the ‘door-thrower’ away.

He is known to have committed offenses against six women between the ages of 20 and 32. They all lived around the Camden area. All women immediately reported the attack on them.

When detectives searched Mukendi’s home address, they found clothes that matched what the suspect had on CCTV.

A laptop was also seized and although Mukendi had attempted to delete video footage he recorded of the attack on September 21, 2017, this was recovered.

A zombie knife and a locking knife believed to have been used in the attacks were also found from his home address.

Detective Sam Wood said: ‘I came across the CCTV image that ended up being circulated in the press.

‘I felt that the image, as grainy as it has been described, was clear enough for who knew the person, or who the person was, to know who it was.’

Detective Ross Murrell said: ‘The investigation into an allegation of this kind is significant and on a large scale. The reopening of Five Old is a massive investigation for us.

“Because of the nature of the evidence found on his phone and laptop, we are convinced that there are other victims who have not come forward.

‘To anyone who thinks they are a victim, we ask them to come and talk to us or to third parties like Haven or Rape Crisis.’

As a tribute to the women who stepped forward, DS Wood added: ‘I can not thank them enough for doing so. As a collective hopefully the publicized bravery will help other victims come forward.

‘Although there was a detailed investigation without them coming to court, he may not have been convicted.

‘Forcing victims to reopen past trauma shows a tendency to be quite arrogant and have no concern for any trauma he will commit

“These women should be free to go home at night, and he has completely torn that from these women.

‘He has done this on their doorstep. There are many layers of trauma that will have consequences throughout their lives. ‘

Get in touch with our news team by sending us an email at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check out our news page.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.