T + T – normal size
The Ministry of Social Development answered 23 of the most frequently asked questions about the inflation supplements “food, fuel, electricity and water” within the integrated social support program for low-income citizens, which was restructured yesterday by His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the state, and preserved Allah. Here are the most frequently asked questions and their answers:
1 What are the inflation deductions?
• It is a state aid that is paid to some families to citizens with limited income in return for the increase and inflation in the prices of basic food, fuel, electricity and water.
2 What are the conditions for entitlement to food subsidies according to social status?
• The family where one of its members (husband or wife) or both work in the state, semi-state or private sector and are insured in the state pension systems and their total income is less than 25 thousand dirhams per month.
• Pensioners who have children under the age of 21 who are unmarried do not work and whose total income is less than 25 thousand dirhams per month.
3 – How is the family’s income calculated to entitle to the inflation benefit (food, fuel, electricity and water)?
The husband and wife’s total income is calculated on the basis of the monthly salaries, pensions, returns from commercial licenses, rented properties and invested real estate, where the income does not exceed 25 thousand dirhams per month.
4 When is the registration opened for inflation surcharges (food, fuel, electricity and water)?
From Tuesday, July 5, 2022, applications will be received in accordance with the terms.
5 How can I register to request quotas for inflation (food, fuel, electricity and water)?
• You can register to order:
• Go to the website of the Ministry of Social Development www.mocd.gov.ae or the smart application from the Ministry of Social Development (MOCD).
• Enter the service using the digital ID or register with Emirates ID.
• Fill out the application and sign up to request inflation allowance.
6 Are the inflation supplements (food, fuel, electricity and water) available to all citizens of the country?
Inflation benefits (food, fuel, electricity and water) are available to citizens who meet the terms and conditions, and to families where one or both members work and whose total income is less than 25,000 dirhams.
7 Do I have to report changes in family income or changes in marital status?
• The Ministry of Social Development must be informed of changes in family income and changes in marital status as soon as they occur.
8 How is the inflation subsidy paid (food, fuel, electricity and water)?
The subsidy is paid on a monthly basis according to the announced inflation rates.
9 How can I inquire about supplements for inflation (food, fuel, electricity and water)?
For inquiries related to terms and conditions and the stages of approval of the application, please contact the number 800623 and refer to the website of the Ministry of Community Development www.mocd.gov.ae
10 – How to get subsidies for inflation (food, fuel, electricity and water)?
Upon approval of your request, you will receive a text message with information about support and the mechanism to take advantage of it.
11- What are the basic data and documents required to submit the application?
• National identity card number of the applicant and his / her family members.
Certificate for the head of the family and his wife’s monthly salary.
Food subsidy bonus
12 What is the mechanism for benefiting from food supplements?
Food subsidies can be obtained through the stores that sell goods and foods approved for this initiative (the approved stores will be published in the coming period).
13 ـ What is the value of supporting nutrients?
Food subsidies are paid at 75% of the inflation rate for basic foods.
14 ـ Does the value of food supplements change?
The value of the subsidy is related to the change in inflation rates for staple foods, and the subsidy increases with the increase in inflation.
15 ـ Is it possible to pay food subsidies to more than one family member?
The family is supported by the main recipient (the applicant).
fuel subsidy premium
16 ـ What is the value of the fuel supplement?
• The value of the subsidy depends on the change in fuel prices, as the state provides a monthly subsidy of 85% of the fuel value when the price rises to 2.1 dirhams / liter, and the value may vary from family to family according to to the following:
• The employed family head receives a subsidy of 300 liters, while his working wife receives an additional 200 liters.
• The employee breadwinner from the husband or wife receives a subsidy of 300 liters if one of them does not have the breadwinner (retired or not working).
• The pensioner receives a subsidy of 300 liters from the husband or wife if he has children under the age of 21 who are not working and unmarried and one of them does not receive maintenance (pensioner or not working).
17 ـ What is the mechanism for benefiting from the fuel supplement?
The fuel subsidy can benefit from the monthly points system that is added to the ADNOC Distribution electronic application portfolio, which is created after the application has been approved.
18- Is it possible to pay the fuel subsidy to more than one family member?
One account is created for each family that benefits from the support and is linked to more than one user according to eligibility.
19 Can one of my family members use the balance in the wallet?
The use of the fuel supplement is linked to the original ID card and the data of the registered vehicle.
20 What is the durability of the fuel supplement?
The subsidy is paid on a monthly basis until fuel prices return to (2.1 dirhams / liter).
21- How can the procedures for applying for fuel subsidies be followed up?
For inquiries related to the use of the ADNOC Distribution application and information about the points system, please contact the ADNOC Distribution call center on 800300
22 How is the electricity and water subsidy paid out, and what is its value?
• Electricity and water subsidies are provided in coordination with the relevant authorities, so that a monthly subsidy of 50% is provided for electricity consumption of less than 4000 kilowatts, and a monthly water subsidy of 50% for water consumption of less than 26,000 gallons.
23 ـ Do I need a house registered in my name to get electricity and water subsidies?
It is not required to have a dwelling owned by the beneficiary.
Follow Al Bayan UAE News via Google News